Saturday, June 30, 2012

almost 26.

I've tried numerous times to write this post.  So much has happened.  And of course everything matters and everything is worth remembering.  But I guess its time to sit and reflect, confess and pray.

I'm almost 26 and I think one realization I have made about myself is that I am a jerk.


Long story short, I had a bad break up several years ago and it destroyed me and I've never been the same since.  However, I keep thinking back on this sermon my pastor, Dave Lomas (Reality San Francisco) discussed baptism.  And how daily we have to die to our sin and what caught me off guard was when he said that we cannot lean our past as a crutch and let that explain why we are the way we are.

There isn't anything that I can change about the past.  And often it haunts me.  But as I turn 26, I'm realizing that I need to grow up and I need to be the person that I want to be, RIGHT NOW.

So ... I'm going to start being that person ... right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment